Christmas is coming...
Snuggle up in your hats and gloves, gather your friends and family and come and join us at our FREE annual Town Centre Christmas Lights Switch On, in partnership with Redditch Borough Council and the Town Centre Partnership.
From 3.30pm on Saturday 24th November, the Town Centre Christmas lights switch will host an afternoon filled with fabulous family entertainment to get you all in the Christmas spirit with an array of special performances. The event is suitable for all to enjoy on the lead up to Christmas with a range of festive fun in store!
Christmas Light Switch on Schedule:
- 3.30pm - 4.00pm: Starting at the Town Hall, join us for our Christmas Parade that will walk throughout the town centre, into the Kingfisher, then over to Church Green.
- 4.00pm - 4.30pm: Opening celebrations will commence on stage at Church Green, starting with the fabulous vocals from the Redditch Gospel Choir performing a range of Christmas songs, to continue the support with our community, we have a local artist Mitch Loveridge who will be performing some great sing along classics, followed by the heartfelt sounds from The Theatre Workshop with a childrens choir.
- 4.30pm - 5.15pm: Let's continue the on stage entertainment and gather round with the family for A Very Pirate Panto! This great festive pantomime is certain to spread plenty of Christmas cheer with lots of giggles too!
- 5.15 - 5.25pm: From there, we'll have a sparkling show with dancing Illuminated Hula Hoopers.
- 5.25pm - 5.30pm: Finally to end the festive fun, we'll be getting a fabulous send off with Father Christmas - who will give us the honour of switching on the Redditch Town Centre lights!
- 5.45pm: Event Close
If you don't want the night to end there, enjoy glorious food and drinks from our Christmas market vendors in Church Green, or why not try out The Hub inside the Kingfisher for our great range of restaurants and dessert choices too!